Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day/Son's birthday

Well
this weekend was exhausting! I made it through the spongebob birthday party with a bang. My son had a great time and my guests did too. I decorated everything yellow (spongebob inspired) and I even got a paper pineapple centerpiece (spongebob's home) to add to the decor. My hubby grilled up some good food and we had some good fun. Then I moved on to planning my father's day suprise! I wanted to take him somewhere special we had been a few weeks ago, I knew it would be a great surprise because he loved the place...but It rained! So I went for my backup plan and the place closed early! Yikes
Everything was seemingly going wrong for my Father's Day surprise. so....we brought a brand new umbrella and I decided to do dinner and a movie. But I took him to a place neither of us had ever been "The Elbow Room", it was really cool American Joint, as they say. the atmosphere was perfect, he loved it. we ate some food by candlelight and headed to the movies!
Everything was in the same area, so we took out the umbrella and took a stroll in the rain to the movie theatre. the rain really helped, I thought it ruined everything but it really helped us relax and spend some good time together (without the rugrat) LOL>
I thought we couldn't see "The proposal" because the showing was at 9 and we didn't leave the elbow room till about 940, but thanks to God, they had it playing at 10!!! I loved it, he loved it and we had a grand time!

So what I thought was ruined, turned out to be the greatest date ever!
Note: Sometimes what you think is a set back, is really a setup!
Be blessed people of God

Remnant Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment