Monday, January 30, 2012

Time for LUNCH!

I have to admit that one of my favorite times of the day is lunch time. Even saying the word LUNCH gets me excited. lol. Why? I don't know. Perhaps it's because it's so long after eating breakfast or maybe because it ties me over until dinner time. Regardless of the reason, I love it! I'm always looking for good, tasty, hit the spot foods to have for lunch!

Being a stay at home mom, I have to prepare lunch for more than just myself, so I seek to make 'lunch' time a joyous time for everyone in my family. This calls for creativity, let's face it, no one wants to eat the SAME thing everday (no matter how good it is). So I do surf the web for exotic fruits and such but when that fails, I get inspirations right from my local grocery store. I don't know where you shop, but my circular has recipe ideas inside and they even have a monthly magazine that's filled with yummy recipes and coupons!!

So today, try something different for lunch, it's basically a 'break' in the day-so why not enjoy what you eat. With some simple planning and a trip to the grocery store, you can wow your family with some amazing treats for lunch (healthy ones included). I'll be sharing some tips on packing lunches for 'picky eaters' (soon)-take on the challenge and give your kids a reason to look forward to eating lunch.

Lunch tips for ALL: Take two of your favorite foods and combine them together for lunch. (don't be afraid) you won't know what it tastes like till you try it. For example, I love turkey and recently i've fallen for avocados. (never had them together). Today I added some avocado slices to my turkey sandwich and BAM! I was smitten. LOL. Add on some dried cranberries, lettuce and bacon and you've got yourself something good to eat.

Tip #2: If you like sandwiches for lunch, try a new type of bread. The grocery aisle is full of variety! (try pitas-they work great for tuna or chicken salad sandwiches)
Tip #3: If your watching those carbs, or you hate bread-try tortilla wraps. You can get anything from whole wheat to sun dried tomato flavored. Or you can use some fresh lettuce as your bread! the sky is the limit.
Tip #4: Try something new! a new spread, a new sauce, a new seasoning on your meats, try something you would NEVER usually eat, you just might like it.

Good eating to all of you and blessings to your times of lunch today and forever!
-Remnant Chick/Kay

"Picking for Picky Eaters"-stay tuned for this upcoming post!

No comments:

Post a Comment