Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Moment

A day or so ago, it finally snowed! I was so excited, when I peeped out my window around 10 pm and a soft white blanket of snow was covering my yard. I almost rushed outside to play, or make a snow angel (like I did as a child)-but I managed to restrain myself. LOL. So I just threw on a warm robe and stared outside the window, watching it fall so gracefully to the ground. Nothing mattered in that moment, but the snow-I smiled inside and outside.










By the end of the next evening, the snow was all washed away by rain. Everything had gone back to normal and the day to day grind was back! (Dirty dishes, making lunches, and checking my to-do list a thousand times over). When I finally got a chance to think back on that moment when I peeped outside and watched the snowfall-I was grateful. Grateful that I had seized that moment and enjoyed every minute of it.










Sometimes we get so busy in this thing called LIFE, that we forget to stop and take a moment-a moment to enjoy God and his creations! Yes, as much as we all hate shoveling, God MAKES IT SNOW! So for this New Year, I've resolved to not complain about the snow(as I do every single year!), but to enjoy it (as best I can) as a gift from God. Instead of focusing on all the negatives that come with snow (storms, shoveling and simply being up to your neck in it.LOL), my focus will be on the positives that come with snow: Making snow angels, sledding, making a snowman with my kids or simply enjoying a cup of hot chocolate while watching it fall from the sky!)










What do you like most about snow? I'd like to know.......leave a comment and be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I love to sneak a taste of fresh clean snow. The first time I tasted snow was in kindergarten. 15 years later, it's still one of my favorite fresh treats lol.

    If you're interested in trying some, heed the wise advice that was given to me from a fellow 5 year old at my first tasting, "Don't eat the yellow snow!" Lol.

    Be blessed by God!

    ReplyDelete