Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ikea girl

ok so here's something you wouldn't know by looking at me, I LOVE decorating and doing little projects within my home. I have always lived in small spaces, so after years of frustration, I started learning how to make a small space work! oh yeah--it's possible. with a little creativity, cash and some time-you can make a small space-EXPLODE! (it wouldn't hurt to watch a little HGTV either, they have great shows to inspire and get your creative juices flowing)

so anywho, hubby and I took a trip to IKEA last weekend, not to buy anything but just to get inspired and get away. If you've ever been there, you know what it's like to be there, it's like another world. Even with the boys tagging along, it was still a fun trip. On our way out the door, I spotted a bargain-a huge storage closet with huge shelves, for a very low price.

To my suprise, hubby was on board! not instantly, but eventually and we were so excited, we bought two (one for me and one for him). Last night we spent like three hours putting that thing together-but boy was it worth it!! If you have a small space and are struggling with space for storage, or even just looking to get more organized---take a trip to IKEA!

I'm redoing our entire bedroom and it's just in time for the new Spring Season. So hop in the car this weekend and take a trip-you'll rethink that small space your in. I'll post some more tips on recreating a small space in my next blog...happy reading.

Remember: Don't be afraid to try a bold new color on your walls, or purchase something old and jazz it up some. Pick a theme first--so that your new space has a direction to go in. Think SPRING, its coming around the corner soon so why not roll with that theme.
Let me know about your small space tips, nightmares or dreams!

Remnant chick

No comments:

Post a Comment